This evening was the second evening painting. I really enjoyed this as it was quite a while ago. But I have made some progress. Most allied tanks are almost ready to play. I have painted the tracks and added some details. And tried to paint some allied markings by hand as I do not have the correct decals. They turned out fine. There can still a lot of details be added. But they will do their job. Only left is spraying them in mat varnish, and maybe some wash after that. But that will be done as the germans are also this far.
I hope to get the forces ready to play a game of What a Tanker. As I will need more things to make, I try to minimize the time spent on items to get still a good result. In the background also some Normandisch houses. Have put on some base colors on them. Terrain is one of the other things needed. Also the germans use more camouflage, so will probably take some more time. Enjoy!
Today I finally had some time to paint some tanks. I have 3d printed some 10mm scale tanks for What A Tanker. Today I gave the airbrush a go, and put primer and a russian green on the allied tanks. Basic colors done now. Next step will be painted with the brush. Track work and some details. Then some sealing cote and they are ready for a game. German side has to follow suit closely hopefully
Finally some time to paint. This evening a little progress on the 10mm Pikemans Lament. 1 unit of shot has received all its basic colors. Only metals are missing, but these i will do for multiple units at once. After that a brown wash, some touch up and grassing on the base, will be all the steps in the proces. And repeating everything for all the other units. Maybe i can do 1 other unit color block this week.
The terrain mat has been finished. After the second layer, I have drybrushed all the details with a light fleshy color. Then put some variation with a dark brown wash. But used it more like a filter. Creating a very patchy color.
Next step was the flocking. A mix different short grasses and some turf and sand. Just made some different mixes and applied then with a seave. After that I applied some extra sand to create some rough pathes.
I am very happy with the result. I can roll it up to around 20cm diameter to store away. And use it both for 10mm as 2mm and bigger scales if I want to. Now up to the next part of the terrain. Some more forest, roads and waterways. But for these I need some new ideas, to get some visible pleasing results.
The airplanes are on hold. I have finished the color blocking and applied the first gloss layer. They are now ready for some decals, but haven’t had any time to continue.
Today I had some time to continue with the terrain cloth. And applied the second layer. Some sand mixed with paint and chaulking. Applied with spatula and textured with a large brush. Now it should dry. Next step adding some contrasting colors with washes and drybrusing. And finally applying some grass and turf. Hopefully I will find time to finish this quite soon.
The last blog is a couple of months back. A few months where a lot has happened. Some things sort of planned, some un-expected. A short summery: being fired, Covid-19 and becomming a father. Luckely the last one is very positive and enjoyable. It only reduces modelling and wargame time 😉
But in between all the events, I am still working on some small projects. But I didn’t have time to write some updates.
I have started to paint a bunch of the 1:600 tumbling dice planes. Starting with some of the USAF 32 TFS fighters stationed on Soesterberg, the Netherlands. I didn’t make any photo’s yet, so those have to wait.
Next to that I have started on basing the 10mm Irregular Pike and Shot units, and applied the first paint.
I hope to create an army for pikemans lament. I have decided to base them 3-2-1 on 20mm square bases.
But an army does need some terrain to fight. So have also started making some scratchbuild terrain pieces. Some houses, a castlehouse and some forest and ruins. The windmill and one of the houses had been started earlier. Now most things are primed and some have received a paint layer. Hopefully I can do some more next weekend.
So this was a small update on some work in progress. I have also worked on some scale models in between. Maybe I will post some pictures of those when I have finished them. I am still pressing on, on all different subject. (also reading some books) I hope to update a little more frequently, but expect not too much.